10 Tips Every New Homebuyer Should Know!
- offer innovative use of space and style
- greater energy efficiency
- a choice of options and upgrades
- everything is new, and modern.
- on the average they are less expensive
- often they are in established neighbourhoods with mature landscaping
- homes have already settled, eliminating possible problems that arise from this happening after the purchase of home
1. Determine a Comfortable Price Range
2. Sellers’ Agents Versus Buyers’ Agents
3. A Builder For All Reasons
4. Get the Facts About Your Builder
5. Check Out the Neighborhood
- Learn as much as you can about the community.
- Discover what amenities it has to offer.
- Investigate if financial reserves have been set aside to build or replace major amenities like schools or community roads
- Find out from local land-use officials what else is planned or could be constructed in the area, especially where vacant land is applicable.
- Review the rules for the homeowner’s association, or find out if one will be set up.
- Think of how you will be affected by commuting routes and times.
6. Choosing Options and Upgrades
8. Be Sure the Contract Works in Your Favour!
- placing your deposit in escrow
- detailing your upgrades;
- allowing you access to the construction site to check on progress;
- a 30-day advance notice of the closing date.
- an explanation of what the fine print means in the warranties of the builder and manufacturer.