8 Easy & Affordable Kitchen Updates!
An extensive kitchen remodel can often mean a big budget and not to mention weeks of renovation, but for some this just isn’t an option. Many of us don’t have the resources or time to commit to a full kitchen overhaul, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on your dreams of a stylish and updated kitchen space. There’s still plenty of budget friendly and not to mention easy updates you can do to still achieve an invigorated kitchen look!
- Add Wallpaper or a Backsplash: For some, when they think of wallpaper the word ‘out-dated’ may come to mind. On the contrary, wallpaper can have a very seamless and elegant finish. Choose a tasteful pattern that will work to bring the space together, and be sure to select vinyl wallpaper or another durable water resistant paper for your kitchen. You can also opt to install a tile backsplash. There are many tiling options to choose from, including some stick-on backsplashes for more affordability.
- Install Floating Shelves: Floating shelves are a great way to update a space and also feature some of your most favourite kitchen accessories. If you have some wall room, installing floating shelves is a relatively easy and budget friendly DIY option for any kitchen. Not only does it look fantastic, with a gorgeous rustic finish, but also utilizes wall space for more storage!
- Paint with Pops of Colour: We all love neutral tones for their safety and ability to make a room look bigger, but highlighting features of a room using splashes of colour is an excellent way to liven up a space! Rather than paint your entire kitchen, choose a palette that speaks to you and paint specific areas of your kitchen with fresh coats of paints. For instance, painting an accent wall, the kitchen island or cabinets, stools, or backsplashes can highlight areas of interest within the kitchen.
- Replace Hardware and Faucets: Sometimes switching up the smaller details of space can make all the difference in the grander scheme of things. One way to update your kitchen is to change the knobs and handles of your cabinetry, and replace the faucets with sleeker and more updated fixtures. Doing so can add a more modern and refreshed finish to your kitchen!
- Revitalize your Cabinets: Painting or refinishing your cabinets is an excellent way to update your kitchen space. You can choose to opt for colour (as mentioned above), or opt for a neutral and safer tone. Either way, the renewed finish will certainly make your kitchen look freshly updated!
- Add a Rug: This is an extremely easy not to mention gorgeous way to add aesthetic to your kitchen and easily update your flooring situation! Choose a large rug with a pattern to bring a sense of geometry and texture to the space. While indoor rugs will certainly work, you can also consider opting for a patio rug due to its high durability!
- Swap Light Switch for Dimmers: By replacing your light switches with dimmers you have more control over the light in the space and can adjust it to your liking depending on the occasion! Bright light works excellent while cooking but soft ambient light really brings a sense of cosiness and relaxation to a kitchen and is a great option when entertaining!
- Replace Countertops: Instead of opting for more expensive options like quartz, there are many cost effective options to replace you countertops, like stone or laminate for instance. Many budget friendly options pull off the same sleek look but for half the cost!
Now that you have an idea of some cost effective and easy kitchen updates, you can start considering applying these updates to your own kitchen! Need some more design inspiration or do you have any questions regarding your real estate needs? I’m here to help!