The Top 5 Summer Design Trends of 2021
We are officially three days out from the first day of summer and for some, this may mean big changes ahead in terms of interior design for the season! There are so many gorgeous summer trends to choose from, but we’ve narrowed down the top 5 summer design trends of 2021 for you here!
- Floating (Open Shelving) in the Kitchen: Gone are the days when closed cabinetry was the only way to go. By utilizing floating shelving you are not only creating a multi-functional and easily accessible place for your kitchen accessories but it also looks great and can make a room look bigger! Be sure to keep your shelves well organized and tidy to avoid clutter and debris. Open shelving is also a great way to showcase your most favourite kitchen and décor items!
- Embrace Natural Tones: One trend that tends to be popular, especially for summer redesigns are natural tones. It’s no surprise that green home décor is used in countless homes for it’s peaceful ambiance! Whether using paint, textiles, furniture, or a subtle green palette of accents, green can add an earthy touch to any home. In addition, golden yellow tones work to give that sun rich appearance. The same can be said for bringing natural textures and materials into the home. Pale wood paired with natural greenery is especially known to compliment each other exceptionally. While wicker and rattan furniture have a rustic appearance and can be utilized to bring that oasis feeling indoors!
- Reclaimed Wood: Reclaimed wood is becoming a key design trend due to its sheer versatility and attractive end result! Whether that is using it for your kitchen cabinets and shelves, barn doors, building accent furniture, redesigning your stairs, or even as it’s own accent wall there are so many ways you can utilize reclaimed wood for unmatched aesthetic! Not to mention it adds a cozy cottage finish to your home!
- Pops of Colour: Summer is all about embracing colour and adding pop of colour into your design might be all your home needs for renewed vitality! This could be done through small accents such as colourful throw pillows, colourful pottery or picture frames or even the artwork. It can also be done with bolder choices such a vibrantly upholstered velvet couch or a painted kitchen island! Depending on your tastes and comfort level, you can choose to go however big or small you want with your colour choices but surely you won’t be disappointed!
- Terracotta & Tiling! Often when we think of design we think of sleek and chic, but we’re seeing a transition in favour of more textured flooring and backsplashes in 2021! Terracotta for instance, is a warmer and earthier alternative to tile flooring and is a fantastic option that adds character to the space. It not only does wonders for the home aesthetically but can also add a Tuscan finish to say your a mudroom or kitchen. Tiling can be utilized in other manners such for a patterned backsplash and also works to bring colour and texture to a given space.
Now that you’re aware of the top 5 design trends of 2021, you can consider applying any number of these trends to your home designs! For more design tips or for answers to any questions about your real estate needs, I’m here to help!!