What to do this Labour Day Long Weekend in Waterloo Region
September is here and that means it’s time to make the most of the last long weekend of the summer! If you’re still determining what your plans might be, we’ve compiled a list 7 fun activates to do in the Waterloo Region this Labour Day long weekend, to make things easier to choose from!
1. Snyder’s Family Farm: Snyder’s Family Farm opens for its Fall season this weekend and is chock full of fun-filled activities for the entire family! Plenty of outdoor attractions, the annual barnyard, a bakery and patio with delicious goodies and more! There’s plenty to do this weekend at Snyders. Full details here.
2. Farmers Market Day Train: Hop on the Farmer’s Market Day train at St. Jacob’s Farmer’s Market Station. The train is a historic and picturesque tour ride that is 90 minutes in length and travels through Wooldwich Townships and Waterloo Region. Buy tickets here.
3. Doon Heritage Village: This educational and fun day trip to the historic village of Doon shows you what life was like in the year 1914 through living actors and authentic recreations and experiences and is open this Saturday and Sunday! Full details here.
4. Illumination at Night: The old post office light show is a remarkable visual display of lights projected against the backdrop of the Old Post Office in Cambridge! This transformative light show runs Thursday – Sunday nights, 9:00pm to 10:30pm with the final show being this Sunday September 5th. The show is completely free and a perfect night-time experience for the whole family! Full details here.
5. Belmont Village Bestival: This free outdoor street-festival brings together local artists and artisans to celebrate music and arts locally through live performances! Full details and registration here!
6. Camping at Bingemans: Bingeman’s grand camping site is located in Bingeman’s park and situated along the grand river! The site is only a stone throws away from a all the recreational attractions the park has to offer, but still with a relaxing atmosphere for those who choose to sit back and enjoy the camping experience. Book here.
7. Dinosaurs – The Age of Big Weird Feathered Things: This amazing exhibition is available to see at THEMUSEUM in Kitchener until September 26th, and is an exploration of different feathered dinosaurs! It’s a fun, not to mention educational outing for the whole family! Buy tickets here.
Now that you’re aware of all the exciting activities the Waterloo Region has to offer this Labour Day long weekend, I’m sure you’ll have no trouble making plans that will entertain the whole family!!